Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Beginning...

Dear Web,
I purchased a card today that says on the outside:  "When the threads that tether us to this world break~"....and on the inside: "Hearts do too".  The photo is of a spider's web that has been visibly broken. You see, I am going to send this card  to myself because there has been a terrible tear on the Web...not the internet...but the bigger Web that holds us as sentient beings together. Something very wrong happened two months ago.  My precious companion, Phoenix, was shot and killed by a neighbor.  My life and way of living will never be the same.  So, I begin this blog addressing the Web, not just the internet web...but the bigger Web of Life, the threads that hold me to Spirit and to Phoenix.  
In spite of being an unexperienced 'blogger,' I've decided to create this thing on the web that I've never done before as a way to stay connected and as a way to honor my dear Phoenix of 10 years. And as a way to track my passage through this labyrinth of grief.  May there be something woven here for you, dear Web, to help repair this tear.
A Beginning....
Melissa
PS...Thank you to Cherie Tolliver for her photo and Jenni Bentz (betzfamilycolumbus.blogspot.com) for her message in the card that was published by cardthartic.com.